Pages

Monday 25 August 2014

L'Oreal Preference Glam Lights / Highlights home hair colour kit - review & pics

Before I start this I just want to say I am not a beauty blogger I'm just a mum looking for an easy way to colour my hair due to not having time to go to the hairdressers in the six weeks summer school holidays! 
Ps sorry for the no make up pics but it's bank holiday Monday. 

Ok so my roots were getting quite bad and making me feel a bit crappy so after seeing a tv advert for the L'oreal glam lights highlighting kit last night I decided to find one and do my own hair today. I used the no.2 there are a choice of 3 shades.


My hair before...

So I looked on YouTube for tutorials and watched some in many different languages to make sure I knew what I was doing then set about reading the instructions in the kit.

I donned an old tshirt, mixed the dye as per the instruction sheet & then give it a good shake and I was ready to go...

The kit comes with this clever little brush to comb in the highlights. 

So basically you are just squirting the dye onto the three parts of the brush & just combing it through to give it the highlighted effect. I probably went a bit mad combing a bit too much though but I wanted it quite blond & for my roots to blend in. 

My hair straight after application.


After 40 minutes. 

Ok so I washed it off after 40-45 minutes, it says 25-45 minutes depending on how blond you want it. 

After washing.

Then I dried and straightened it, I'm very happy with the result. It's a little brassy but I'm going to use some silver shampoo tomorrow to tone it a little (will update the blog) 



Over all I would rate this 8/10 - it's very easy to use but only loosing marks for the slightly brassy colour. 

1 comment:

  1. I think you did a great job! Even without makeup, your complexion looks brighter. I hope they continue to sell Glam Blonde!

    ReplyDelete